Affects Version/s: 1.5
Fix Version/s: 1.6
Configuring an Online Contribution page with one or more membership types and contribution amount block DISABLED causes PayPal Express transactions to fail (amount is not being passed to PayPal). Error is: "10400:Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Order total is missing."
Also the following configuration on a CiviMember-enabled Online Contribution page causes errors:
- Configure Online Contrib Page >> Membership Settings : Enable one (and only one) membership type for the page AND check "Membership Signup Required" box
- Uncheck the "Contribution Amounts Section Enabled" box in Contribution Amounts setting for that page
Current behavior is:
- The entire membership block is NOT rendered.
- When PayPal Express button is submitted: 10400:Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. Order total is missing. (same issue as above)
- When using "regular" PayPal, the transaction is processed BUT the membership fee is INCORRECT !!! (In my case, the single membership type enabled for the page was record id = 3 with a fee of 1.00. However, the submitted fee amount was $100.00 - which was the fee for membership_type record id = 1 !!!)
Corrected behavior for this case should be:
- Membership block fieldset with legend and intro text should be rendered IF those settings are NOT NULL.
- Include the membership_type name, description (and the fee, if display_min_fee is TRUE). NOTE: The original spec was to hide the member type info if only one member type is included and signup is required. However, I think this was a bad idea - since the user doesn't see what they're signing up for.
- Make sure the membership fee is available and posted if PayPal Express button is submitted.
- Make sure the CORRECT membership fee is submitted from the Confirm page for the PayPal Pro flow!! (Please verify this behavior and the code for other cases as well. ESPECIALLY verify that the correct contribution amounts are submitted when there is both a membership fee AND an additional contribution amount.)