There is currently no way to geocode "batches" of contacts. During import we automatically disable geo-coding (if it's enabled) in order to prevent timeouts during processing (as each location being imported requires an external call to the geocoding service).
1. Create command-line script which can be invoked to geo-code all contact address records, or a specified subset. Parameters are:
- name: user name of authenticated user in CMS (needed)
- pass: password of authenticated user in CMS (needed)
- start : lowest contact.id record to begin geocoding processing. Default =1. (optional)
- end : highest contact.id to process (if no endID, process thru highest ID in domain) (optional)
If no parameters passed, process all contact addresses for domain 1.
2. Option to Geocode during Import
2.1 Add checkbox to Contact Import screen (if config->mapProvider and mapAPIKey are set) : Lookup mapping info during import?
- default : false
- checkbox description : " This option is not recommended for large imports. Use the command-line geocoding script instead."
2.2 If checked, enable geocode lookup for each address insert.