Using current trunk code - if you edit a Cancelled contribution and change the "Contribution Status" drop-down to Completed AND set the Cancelled Date (day-month-year) drop-downs to empty ("-select") - when you save the record you the result is:
- Contrib Status is Completed
- Cancelled Date retains the previously saved value (clearing the date select fields doesn't "take")
- Modify postProcess so that cancel_date is cleared if fields are empty on update
- Modify postProcess to set cancel_date to current date IF contribution status = Cancelled and Cancel Date values are empty. (i.e. set Cancel date to today if user hasn't set it when they cancel a contribution.
— Original Post by Chris Mott ---------
When a contribution is cancelled by setting the "Cancelled Date" field, then it is not possible to revert that status back to its previous state.
To recreate this:
1. Edit a contribution with status Completed
2. Set the Cancelled Date to a valid date and Submit the record. The cotnribution's status will now be "Cancelled, 21 May 2007"
3. Edit the contribution again and set the three date fields for the Cancelled Date back to unspecified ("
select"). Submit the record, and observe that the status is still "Cancelled, 21 May 2007"
Maybe there was a design decision to make Cancellations permanent, but if not then it would be helpful to allow a revert to another status in case the cancellation was done in mistake.
Not sure what the best fix would be. Perhaps a check box on the edit form that would remove the cancelled status. This may relate to a question I just posted on the forum inquiring about manually setting Contribution Status: http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,272.0.html