Many organizations want a staff member to be notified when a constituent has entered or updated their "contact information".
1. Add new column to civicrm_uf_group, and modify 1.7-to-1.8 upgrade script to insert the column
- notify VARCHAR(255) NULL
2. Add field to Profile Settings form:
- label = "Notify When Submitted"
- description =
"If you want member(s) of your organization to receive a notification email whenever this Profile form is used to enter or update contact information, enter one or more email addresses here. Multiple email addresses should be separated by a comma (e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- place the field in the Advanced Settiings fieldset below "Add Contact to Group"
3. Generate/send the notification email if profile's "Notify" setting is populated with one or more email addresses.
- Email should be generated from a new template (this will allow orgs to modify by making custom version of the tpl)
- Email should include contact's display_name and link to view contact summary
Subject: $uf_group.title Submitted by $display_name
Submitted For: $display_name
Contact Summary: $viewContactURL
- email should then list all fields in the form with their submitted values, e.g.:
First Name: Jane
Last Name: Doe
- If all fields in a profile are optional, and NONE have values on submit, then don't send the notification.
- Unless there are significant obstacles to doing so, this feature should "work" for Profile which are embedded in User Registration, My Account, Online Contribution pages, and Event Registration pages. ***
4. Handling multiple profiles in a submitted form (e.g. User Registration, Online Contrib page or Event Reg):
- if more than one profile is submitted at the same time, and more than one is configured for this behavior - handle this case in the cleanest, easiest way. If sending separate notifications for each discrete profile is easiest - that's fine.