I've noticed there is a slight difference in regards to membership processing when data is manually entered as opposed to being imported.
Here is how I was able to replicate the issue on the demo/test site:
1. Created new membership type called "advisory council". relationship type set to "member is"
2. Created a new organization called "Privaterra". Added "advisory coucil" membership to the Privaterra record
3. Imported contact data for 1 individual "john Doe" from a CSV file (attached).
- CSV file contacts basic contact info as well as field indicating what organization member of
- during the import process, saved the import mapping as "Import-johndoe"
4. Contact info imported ok - relationship entry for John Doe does apprear as "member of Privaterra"
5. However, membership record does not include "Advisory council"
It should read "Advisory council"
In summary, it looks like some processing that takes place with manually entered data does not occur for imported data. Can this be