I translated a part of the core of civicrm 1.7. in dutch. A few strings I translated don't show op in the pages, the english text is shown. I made the translation in poedit, therefore I can not give the file location and line numbers. This is an overview of these text strings translation isues:
Also include contacts where
To search by first AND last name, enter 'lastname, firstname'. Example: 'Doe, Jane'.\n
For partial name search, use '%partialname' ('%' equals 'begins with any combination of letters').\n
To search by email address, use <a href=\"%1\">Advanced Search</a>.
New Preferred Communication Method
If your site's home url is http://www.example.com/ ... then your CiviCRM Resource URL would be:
5) In the listing activitation type (civicrm/admin/options?group=activity_type&reset=1) the following strings are not translated, the translations are present on the contact page:
Schedule a meeting
Schedule a Phone Call
6) The titels of the following pages are not presen in the po fi;e and not translateble:
Activity type ((civicrm/admin/options?group=activity_type&reset=1)
Preferred Communication (civicrm/admin/options?group=preferred_communication_method&reset=1)
Ther are more setting pages not translateble, the header and the new option in the footer are not transatible, textlabel: %1 Options
7) All the text popups in the yellow question marks icons are not translatable. Imo this is essential also for other languages , because of the additional information these pop up give.
8) The translations of the location descriptions in the po file are not shown in the list (civicrm/admin/locationType?reset=1), the descriptions can modified in this page. The location descriptions in the po file are shown in the contact page.
9) In the mapping page (civicrm/admin/mapping?reset=1) the mapping type is not translated, eg Import Participants