1. Handling membership status for deceased contacts.
- Create a reserved membership status for "Deceased" members. Set is_admin and is_reserved true for this record.
- Modify UpdateMembershipRecord script to set member's status to "Deceased" if civicrm_contact.is_deceased is true
NOTE: User will need to fix the membership status manually if a contact has been marked "deceased" accidentally.
2. Contacts with is_deceased = true should be excluded from CiviMail recipient list for mailings.
3. Contacts with is_decease = true should be excluded when generating Mailing Labels from search results.
— original post ----
1) When the [Is deceased] check box is checked it would be good if the UpdateMembershipRecord process could kick in and set the status of any memberships to "expired".
2) CiviMail should respect [Is deceased] and not send either email or postal mail to the subscriber.
Need to consider the workflow if the check box is clicked in error. How are memberships reactivated if the contact is "reenabled"?