Most of the work for this has been completed in 3.1 under
CRM-5218. However, the UI for disabling built-in types is not exposed. Issues to be resolved for 3.2 completion of this feature:
- Pretty sure we can NOT allow disabling of Individual contact type as this will probably break online contrib, online event reg and several other workflows. This is fine since we haven't heard this as a requirement.
- Relationship Types - Probably need to hide any that reference HH or Org if those built-in types are disabled
- How to handle "Current Employer" functionality if Org is disabled? (Maybe ok to just hide this field)
- Need to hide "On Behalf of" option in Contrib page config if Org is disabled.
- Need to finalize how to handle existing contacts of type being disabled. Should we not allow disabling if contacts of that type exist?
— Original Post ----
This issue is in light of the this blog post: http://civicrm.org/node/558 and other discussions on the forums. The idea is to hide the HH contact type for the use cases that don't require it. As per Dave's request, I went through the 2.3 sandbox and noted all places within the UI that mention the HH contact type to help with this request:
- Add new individual form >> use HH address option
- "Create New" sidebar menu
- Find contacts >> is... HH
- Adv. Search: contact type
- Custom Data >> add new group >> "used for"
- CiviCRM Profiles >> Add Fields >> Field Name
- Find and Merge Duplicate Contacts
- Import contacts, contributions, participants, members >> contact type radio button
- More Actions Menu: add to HH
- Export >> select fields to export >> field type
- Relationship types: Head of HH, Household member
Please let me know if you have any questions.