Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.3
This functionality is part of the new Contribute code tree.
- Create a new Import wizard with same page-flow as Import Contacts - but for Contributions instead
- Map field drop-down select values are:
- Contact ID
- Contribution class core properties (see xml/schema/Contribute - e.g. receive_date, amount, etc.). This includes ability to import matching FK enum values for contribute_type, contribute_mode...
- Custom fields which extend the Contribution class.
- Mapping for Contact ID is required - throw validation error on Continue if no column is mapped as a Contact_ID. (This phase will only support import of contributions for EXISTING CONTACTS. Export is being extended to include contact_id so folks can massage gift data by adding the civicrm_contact.id value to their 'spreadsheets' prior to import.)
- Mappings may be saved/retrieved. Extend civicrm_mapping.mapping_type Enum set to incude 'Import Contributions'
- Import file validation should check that contact_id column values are not null and are integers. Add rows to Preview error array which do not meet these requirements.
- Import processing should validate field types (e.g. amount is numeric, etc.). Then insert a Contribution record AND an Activity History record for each row (linked to the specified contact ID).
[NOTE: You'll need to build the central create_contribution function in order to implement this - which will also then be used for online donation processing and the Add/Edit Contribution form. ]