Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.4
When updating a profile w/in Drupal User Account Edit mode, we are reporting a duplicate contact based on matching First and Last Name only - even though the duplicate match rules are set to First+Last+Email address.
(Use the sample dataset which has 2 contacts named Tony Smith)
- From drupal administer -> users menu, click add tab to add a new user
- Enter username = Tony Smith and email = SmithTony@yahoo.net (this is primary email of one of the 2 existing contacts)
- a new user is added and is correctly linked to cid 82
- Now click edit from user list to Edit the new user record
- click Constituent Info to update this user/contact's custom info
- change GOTV Experiecne checkbox or some other custom field
- click submit
You get the duplicate error: An account already exists with the same information.
However, this is erroneous since the other Tony Smith contact record has a different email address.
NOTE: I realize that the info submitted on this specific form does not contain the email address - and perhaps that's why the dupe match is returning true on just FName and LName. However, this will be the most common case out in the field since email is generally not exposed in these profiles (since drupal collects it). Hence - any two contacts in the DB w/ same first and last name will cause problems - and this is quite likely in larger datasets.