CivicContribute does not call the Drupal hook_civicrm_* hooks when generating a transaction via the civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1 path in CivicSpace 0.8.3RC3.
- CivicSpace 0.8.3RC3
- Paypal Developer sandbox with "Merchant Pro" option.
- CiviCRM 1.3 (final; as bundled in CS 0.8.3RC3 and later).
- Go to civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1 (or whatever ID of contribution page you're debugging).
- Fill in data for a contribution, and press "Continue...".
- At this point, make sure your debugger is set up, and press "Make Contribution".
- postProcess() will be called, and the SOAP transaction will run. Eventually, CRM_Contribute_BAO_Contribution::add() will get called, which creates the Contribution record. add() does not call the hooks (CRM_Contribute_BAO_Contribution::create() does, but it is never called). So the transaction completes successfully, the record is created, but Drupal never gets its hooks called.
Solution likely is to either factor the code so that the we go down some bottleneck that calls the hooks, or to add the hook dispatch to add() as well.