Resolution: Won't Do
Affects Version/s: HR-1.0
Fix Version/s: HR-1.0
When creating a career record, the start/end dates are custom fields. The fields are configured to store only year and month. However, the popup UI for the field displays a calendar with year, month, and day. This is quite confusing.
Option A: Reconfigure the data model to store year-month-day.
- Pro: Simple, quick-to-implement, consistent UI
- Con: Users will be asked to enter exact dates (and they often won't remember the exact dates)
Option B: Instead of using a "Date" field, use two separate fields
- Pro: Simple, quick-to-implement, doesn't ask for specific days
- Con: When it comes time to search/report, there may be other bugs/issues
Option C: Change the user-interface so that it asks for year & month but not day
- Pro: Doesn't ask for specific days. Works with date-based searching.
- Con: Longer to implement.