Type: New Feature
Resolution: Won't Do
Affects Version/s: HR-1.1
Fix Version/s: HR-1.1
When editing a job, several of the fields are SELECTs linked to OptionGroups. We need a way to manage these option-groups, and it makes sense to replace/supplement the SELECT widget with AJAX or a hyperlink. (More discussion about the UX below.)
The AJAX widget or hyperlink should be permissioned – i.e. a user with permission "administer CiviCRM" can do management; other users can only select among existing options.
The affected fields are:
- Department [General+Role screens]
- Level [General screen]
- Location / Normal Place of Work [General+Role screens]
- Position [General screen]
- Plan Type [Healthcare screen]
- Pension Type (New Field) [Pension screen]
- Functional Area [Role screen]
- Region [Role screen]
Three UX's have been discussed. In loose order (starting from nicest/most-expensive and then descending):
1. AJAX Dialog – Display a pencil/edit icon next to the SELECT. Clicking the pencil icon opens a dialog window. The dialog includes a table with add/edit options.
2. Combobox – Turn the SELECT into a combobox. One can select from a list of existing options or type in a new option.
3. Hyperlink – Display a pencil/edit icon next to the SELECT. Clicking the pencil icon opens a new browser window which displays the "Administer" screen for the OptionGroup.