FTE stands for Full Time Equivalent. For a full-time person, FTE is always equal to 1.0, whereas for a part-time person, the FTE will represent the fraction of standard hours that the person works on a regular basis. Refer to Civi help text for more on FTE.
1. Have the following default values, with ability to manually override:
- When Hours Type = Full time, Hours = 8 per day.
- When Hours Type = Part time, Hours = 4 per day.
- When Hours Type = Casual, Hours = 0 per week.
2. Currently FTE is a decimal entered by the HR manager manually. See screenshot for issue when FTE is a recurring decimal.
What is required: FTE should be recorded as a fraction. Numerator = Actual number of hours a person is expected to work. Denominator = Number of hours if the person was working full time.
- Rename Hours to Actual Hours. This will be our numerator.
- The value of the denominator "Full-time Hours" will depend on whether the user selects per day/week/month/year after Hours.
- For hours per day, default = 8 (allow manual override)
- For hours per week, default = 40 (allow manual override)
- For hours per month, default = 880 (allow manual override)
- For hours per year, default = 10560 (allow manual override)
2. It should be possible for the admin to change these default values. For example, a user might set Full time Hours as 10 per day, Part time Hours as 5 per day and Casual Hours as 3 per week.