Affects Version/s: 2.0
Fix Version/s: 2.0
VOL-140 and the related brainstorming doc we've discussed:
- the various time components of a volunteer need (duration, start time, and end time)
- a few different notions of "fuzzy" needs, and
- the confusion over what a flexible need is.
Well, I haven't addressed all of it, but I'm about to make a pull request for some improved help text and a quasi-wizard-like addition to the needs UI.
The proposed change introduces a select box that first asks the user to choose a schedule type.
- If the user selects a set shift, only the start and duration will be shown, and the end is blanked out.
- For a flexible timeframe, all three fields are shown – this allows a specification such as "I need 10 hours of filing done sometime this week."
- For "Open until filled," none of the components are shown to the user. The start is set to today's date and the other fields are blanked. Example use case: I need a volunteer graphic designer.