Affects Version/s: 2.2.1
Fix Version/s: None
Versioning Impact:Patch (backwards-compatible bug fixes)
Steps to reproduce:
- Define a new opportunity with "Schedule Type" = "Open-Ended"
- View "Available Volunteer Opportunities" public sign up form
- Observe this newly defined opportunity listed here
- Expect the "Time" column to be empty for this opportunity
- Observe the "Time" column to have the following value: the date that the opportunity was added, and a time of 12:00 am
Further steps I took when troubleshooting
- Find the row corresponding to the newly defined opportunity in civicrm_volunteer_need
- Observe start_time to be set to the date described above
- Set start_time to NULL instead
- View "Available Volunteer Opportunities" again
- Expect to see a row for this opportunity with no date
- Observe that the row is not present
So, it seems to me that fixing this issue requires the following changes:
- Use NULL for start_date when creating a new opportunity with with "Schedule Type" = "Open-Ended"
- Display opportunities with no start date in "Available Volunteer Opportunities"
Tested on CiviVolunteer 2.2.1