Assign a custom field which extends Contribution to a Profile and include that profile in an Online Contribution Page.
The field shows up properly on the input form (Main.php) and the selected value is displayed on the Confirm and Thankyou pages. However, the value is never actually saved to the DB. Also, the email receipt does not have the value set.
You can recreate this using the 1.7 sandbox -
1. Start with this online contrib page: http://sandbox.devel.civicrm.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?id=5&reset=1&action=preview
2. Check the EthanCustomCheckbox field - and submit the contribution
3. Check civicrm_custom_value in the DB - no record has been created for the new contribution record
4. Check email receipt. You'll see something like the below (I checked the field, but it's not reflected below)
Ethan's Test Profile
First Name : Dave
Last Name : Greentest
Attached file is screenshot of thankyou page for my test contribution.
NOTE: Check w/ Kurund on this if you need assistance - he has done some work w/ "mixed" profiles - which we currently only support for:
"Contact + Contribution"
"Contact + Participant"
- Please commit fixes to this separately from other work, and indicate the Jira issue (as is standard practice). Some users may want/need to backport to 1.6. ***