NOTE: When resolving this issue, please verify that Current Employer works properly in these related Profile functions:
- Profile View and Edit
- Profile Search - Configure it as a searchable field
(NOTE: In 2.0 - if you include Current Employer as a searchable field, the search returns the matching Organization record as a row, rather than what it's supposed to do - which is to return all contacts which are Employees of the organization(s) matched from the Current Employer field.)
- Profile Search Views for Advanced Search
I have reproduced this error on the demo site as well as my testing platform at work. If you're quick the demo set-up can be tested here:
If you set-up a profile for individuals with a search forum and include an organisation to which they stand in some relationship, then the search form displays the data incorrectly. Rather than showing the organisation in a separate column by each individual, the search results return new rows for all those organisations with their name in both the name and organisation columns. The organisation column for the inidividuals remains blank. I have attached a screenshot to clarify what I mean.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create some users and organisations, put them all in a particular group, and make the individuals employees of those organisations.
2. Create a new profile used for profile & search results. Limit the results to the group and add some fields for the individuals, e.g. name, job title, email, etc. Also add the employer name and make sure it shows up in the selector.
3. Run a search on the profile.
CRM-2225 for another example of how to reproduce if needed