Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 2.1
Fix Version/s: 4.3.0
Component/s: Core CiviCRM
Have been looking at the dedupe matching functionality of 2.1. First off, it is vastly improved and that's fantastic. I see a few improvements:
- I know that in 2.1 if you try to flip the duplicates of the currently logged in user, it won't let you and gives you a message as such: The contact record which is linked to the currently logged in user account - 'Walter Smith' - cannot be deleted. However, if someone flips dupes of a contact where 1 is a CMS user, it doesn't give any kind of warning and happily lets me do this (tested on the demo today). This has been a perpetual problem in my org and I'm very interested in seeing it remedied. It should not easily let you flip dupe contacts so that the CMS user contact gets merged to the other contact (and their civicrm cid deleted). Unless of course, 2.1 deals with the properly where 2.0 didn't (I can't test this as the only user I can log in to demo as is demo). On 2.0, when we have done this at my org, the next time that CMS user logs in and tries to access CiviCRM they are presented with an unrecoverable error (as happened to me in this post: http://forum.civicrm.org/index.php/topic,3853.msg16976.html)
- On the merge summary for individuals, list BOTH contact IDs at the top of the table. This is both administrator-friendly and user-friendly to help determine which is the appropriate contact to merge to. I know you can just roll over the contact name but in browsers like Safari you can't see the URL.
- On the merge summary page for individuals, it should display the Drupal User ID and username if it exists. This could even be in red or something to highlight it.
- On the find and merge listing pages, put contact ids in parentheses next to contact name.
- On the find and merge listings pages, you should be able to flip order rather than go to the next page.