1. Expose is_default value to form and option_value selector when viewing and editing from_email_address group.
2. Eliminate columns in the domain table used for FROM Email Name and Address (civicrm_domain.email_name and email_address)
3. Add logic to 2.1->2.2 upgrade to insert an option_value record containing the values in these 2 columns (so we preserve a site's existing settings)
4. Add an insert statement to civicrm_data.mysql and civicrm_generated.mysql which creates an option_value record in the email_address_group with the defaults we used to put in the domain table. '"FIXME" <info@FIXME.ORG>' Set this record as the default (is_default=1)
5. Replace the FROM Email Address and Name text fields in Mailing Wizard step 3 with a drop-down using the from_email_address group options. If one of the options in this group is_default = true, then that option should be "selected" (unless this is a copy of an existing mailling, in which case defaults are derived from the original record).
6. Find and modify other code which had been using the domain table values for FROM email name and address. The must now use the default option_value label. These include:
- email notification when a profile form is submitted (Core/BAO/UFGroup.php)
- mailing / subscribe, unsubscribe and resubscribe confirmation emails
---- Original Post ----
add future functionality so that a "from" email defined in this config screen can be set as the default. For many groups, the generic organizational email is used 95% of the time. It would be great if it can be set as the default on all email usages, and only manually changed to the individual when needed.